We drove to Gilmer on June 10th. T left for a High Adventure trip with the Boy Scouts to Austin on June 12th. He came back on the 20th and we all went back to Houston on the 23rd. We missed him a lot while he was gone but we had some fun without out him :)
Swimming
twice. once without T and once after he got back.
Swimming
twice. once without T and once after he got back.
Ready to go! They were so excited until they actually got in the water. G was terrified. B was ok but that life jacket/swim suit he has on was no good. I am not sure if it was just too big or if it just didn't work but every time I would let him go by himself he would end up face first in the water.
E loved it! She just floated and floated all around the pool.
After about 45 minutes and 3 traumatizing attempts (there was much screaming, flailing and swallowing of water) G finally decided I wasn't trying to drown her and she calmed down enough to realize she could float :) After that, she was fine. She would go all over the pool and every time I would ask her how she was doing she would say "I'm a fishy!"
The second time we went we ditched the life jacket suit and got B some regular floaties. He wasn't so sure he was brave enough for them at first. I love the look on his face in this one ;)
As with G, it was a little traumatizing for B to learn to float. He didn't flail as much as G but when we let go of him he would just cry (tears and everything). He finally decided he like it though. Thank goodness :) Now we've just got to take them again soon before they forget all that they learned.
The little pool on the deck of the big pool. After B learned how to use his floaties, B and G spent a lot of time in this little pool. Silly kids.Popsicles & Cousins
(Please ignore B's lack of pants. Sometimes potty training still gets the best of him.)


Exhausted

Oh, and E has some BIG NEWS. On the very last day we were there (6/23) she
So much fun was had that sometimes the kids (and Nana) just needed to sleep.

Oh, and E has some BIG NEWS. On the very last day we were there (6/23) she
rolled over from her back to her tummy. She was not happy about it. I was very happy ;)



1 comment:
that cousin popcicle picutre is adorable!! Nothing better on a hot day!! :)
Post a Comment