Monday, October 20, 2008

The Yam Fest!

Last Thursday we drove up to Gilmer for the Yamboree! We had such a good time. G is finally old enough to ride some rides and enjoy the parades.


THURSDAY


I think B was just happy to be out of the car! It was a little cool but the fresh air (if there is fresh air at a carnival) was nice!



G had her first corn dog. Carnival food is the greatest! She was a little unsure at first but as you can see she enjoyed it :) She was a little distracted by all the lights and noise to eat much more than that so we decided to go ahead and let her ride some rides.


[not these :)]



Cousin B joined us for the rides. This boat ride was a favorite on Thursday.

The flinstone cars were also a big hit.


FRIDAY


1. Parade


2. Lunch at La Finca -YUMMY!!


3. A visit to the fair grounds to see the animals.


4. Home for a nap - a very much needed nap.


5. More rides.




G just waiting for the parade to start. She was so excited.


G sitting with Nana watching the parade. Doesn't she look a lot older than 2?




B had a good time being outside. I was impressed with how little he seemed to be bothered by all the sirens. They were really loud!



Harmony's marching band. G and B both loved the music from the bands.






What parade is complete without clowns on lawn mowers?

I am not sure which school's float this was but it was pretty and G liked the butterflies.

G was doing so good not to touch the bunnies. She wanted to really bad!

She said this cow was "pretty".

G and cousin B in the boats again. Yes, G is touching the water and unfortunately she licked her fingers after the picture was taken. We had a long talk about how gross the water was after the ride was over.


SATURDAY


1. A few rides.


2. Parade.


3. Home for a nap.


4. Halloween Party. (I will post the details and pictures for this later.)



G and cousin B waiting oh so patiently for the carousel to open.Holding on for dear life :) She really liked the "horses"!
More boats. Cousin B decided that he wasn't brave enough for the boats on Sat.



G venturing out into the street a little during the parade.



Yam Queen!



G really got into waving at anyone in the parade who was waving. She seemed to noticed more on Saturday.



Dancing to the music of the bands.



B was SO good for us during the parades. I guess there was enough action to keep him interested.He looks so focused in this picture!



More of our little man! This is one of my favorite pictures of B.

Cousin B had so much fun with B this weekend. He was so gentle with him and was always concerned when he wasn't in his bed. He would walk around saying "Baby, Baby".

1 comment:

Isaura said...

Ohhh Yamboree
When Marc first told me about this I thought he was messing with me, and then he said there was a Yam Queen, and I laughed...and ohhh he wasn't kidding.
When this time of the year rolls around I definitely think of Yamboree..with good thoughts of course. First time I went back to marc's hometown, first time I met Marc's family, and first weekend I was engaged. Good times. Maybe we'll see you around there next year :)