Sunday, September 14, 2008

Safe & Sound

T, Papa and Uncle M drove down to Houston this morning to check on our house and get a few things since we won't be going back for a while due to power outages and other damage. Our house weathered the storm great!! There were no broken windows, the roof was intact, no leaks, no fallen trees, and the fence was even intact. We are very greatful we suffered no damage from the storm. We know there are many who lost a lot if not everything when Ike roared ashore and our thoughts and prayers are with them.

We will be at my parent's house at least until Wed. As of now T's school district is closed until then. It could be longer. We will know more around the middle of the week. Our plan is for me to stay here until the electricity is back even if T has to go back before then.

4 comments:

Leann said...

oh good! I'm so glad you're ok. I've been wondering! Glad to hear the house is good too! Had to be stressful.

britni said...

I am so glad to hear all is okay. I have been thinking about you guys. I am coming up on Friday. If you are still around then maybe we can get together! I want to see little B! Take care!

Christy said...

that's awesome that your house survived the storm! you guys really are lucky, i've seen tons of damage around these parts. and you're very smart to stay where there's power!! we're lucky that we have it.

miss you guys!

thepainterfamily said...

yeah! I am glad you had no damage! That is such a good feeling! I can't believe the kids haven't gone to school for a week! :) I bet your fam is Loving it though! :)