Sunday, June 1, 2008

Zoo Fun

G LOVES the Zoo. She can tell you just about every animal's sound and most of the time the sound is what she calls the animal. For example "I see moo" when seeing a cow. While Bamma and Bampa were visiting we all went to the Zoo. And as crazy as it might be, it wasn't even B's first visit. I had taken him the week earlier. It was pretty much the same experience for him both times. We waited for T to get home from work so it was a VERY HOT day. It was still fun and definitely nice to have extra sets of hands for G who doesn't always like to stay with the group! We had a good time and will be returning several times this summer.

Just a little tip: If you happen to buy the spray-on sunscreen (which I LOVE by the way) make sure that it is closed when traveling otherwise you might end up accidentally spraying almost the entire contents of the can inside your diaper bag and as a result ruining 2 sets of clothes. On a positive note your diaper bag will smell like summer for weeks to come :)



Just a couple shots I was proud of myself for getting. The giraffe and elephant were the first animals we saw that day and about the only pictures of animals I got.



G, Dad and Bampa checking out the warthogs. Not the most beautiful animals at the zoo. I am sure T was thinking about future hunting expeditions :)


I think B had the most fun ;) He pretty much snoozed the entire time only waking up to eat and then it was right back to sleep. I am sure Bamma didn't mind staying the shade as we tried our best to keep him from getting too much sun.





What a difference a year makes. We took G to the zoo for her 1st birthday and she screamed the entire time she was on the carousel. She absolutely LOVED it this time. It was a pretty low key day at the zoo, probably because of the heat, and G and Dad had the carousel to themselves.

No comments: