Monday, June 2, 2008

G is a BIG GIRL!!


We are all EXHAUSTED after a long day of potty training. That's right potty training! We decided that the start of summer was the perfect time to begin this glorious event so we went shopping on Sat. for all the supplies we needed to be prepared. We got snacks and drinks (goldfish, pretzels, gummy bears, m&ms, jello, cheetos, apple juice, grape juice, kool-aid, etc.), a potty seat topper (I am a little grossed out by the stand-alone potty chairs), pull-ups (for naps and nighttime only) and Tinkerbell panties. We were READY (or so we thought)! We quickly learned that there is no perfect time to begin potty training and you can never really be prepared for your first time. It is kind of like having your first baby ... you buy everything on the "list" and get the room all ready and you are "prepared" and then the baby comes :) About lunch time T was ready to go back to work. You can only spend so much time in the kitchen before you start to go a little stir crazy. All in all she did pretty well. 3 accidents before her nap at around noon and only half an accident (it was caught just in time) after her nap! G called Bamma, Nana and Papa to say "I tt in potty"!!! at various times during the day and Bampa was the lucky recipient of "I poo poo in potty"!!! We will definitely be happy when this is all over. We are optimistic for tomorrow....

1 comment:

britni said...

She is getting so big! Man time flies. What a cutie! Oh, I agree about the stand alone pottys, I used one and hated it! I will try not to with Jack.