Yesterday morning G was running to the car so we could leave for school and she tripped and fell on the sidewalk. I was still in the house getting M when I heard her crying. When I got to the door there she was sprawled out on the sidewalk with her bookbagour in front of her to the left and her lunch box out in front of her to the right. I helped her up and got her to the car and found a little first aid kit. I cleaned off her knees and starting puttin the bandaids on. It took 2 knuckle bandages and a regular one. They looked pretty bad and I could tell they hurt. If she had asked to stay home I would have let her. She didn't so off we went. That afternoon she had her dr. appointment. The nurse, doctor and the phlebotomist all asked her about her knees.
This afternoon the school nurse called. As I answered the phone and realized it was the school I was very worried. This was my first from-the-school phone call after all. Then we she said she was the nurse I was even more worried and was convinced I was going to have to go pick up G and take her to the ER. She told me how a little girl had hugged G a little too hard on the playground and as a result G had fallen down and broken her bandaid and reopened her wound. Phew! It was just her knee. :) She also told me that G was "most distraught" and that she had washed it with soap and water and rebandaged it. She also told me that G was "convinced she could not walk back to class" but that she had made it. :) Poor G.
This was at the end of the second day.
They definitely looked a lot worse right after she fell.
Dora saves the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment