Saturday, June 11, 2011

Snakes Alive!

Thursday June 9th I had a day of stamping at a friend's. It was fabulous! E came with me for the first part of the morning and T took G and B to the library where they were having a snake show. T hates snakes so I was pretty impressed when he said he would take them. Mr. Clint the Snake Man brought 4 different kinds of snakes and asked for parent volunteers to hold them so the kids could see. T was under strict instruction to take pictures since I couldn't be there, so he didn't volunteer. He didn't mind all that much. He did think it was funny that all of the volunteers were moms.



This is Mr. Clint with one of the king snakes. He told the kids that king snakes don't bother people but they do eat other snakes.




Mr. Clint again with an albino corn snake. There was also another baby corn snake whose name was Corny :)

T couldn't remember what kind of snake this was but it was one of the ones G actually touched.



And this is about as brave as G got, touching the snake with 1 finger. She told me after I got home that she didn't want to hold any that she just wanted to pet them.



B was much more brave than G. After the demonstration was over Mr. Clint told the kids they could come and hold the snakes if they wanted to. There was a pretty long line for the boa constrictor so T decided to go see the other ones first. B was not happy. He was very concerned that he would not get to the "big one". He was very adamant that he wanted to stand in line for the boa. And he did. And he LOVED it. He was all smiles afterward.





I love how he is looking at it in this one with the smile on his face. By the way, this boa weighed in at 18 lbs.




I really hope B doesn't ever want a snake as a pet.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

That really is so amazing that B appears to be ENJOYING having that snake wrapped around him!