G had a bath, put her jammies on, got her hair combed, ate her vitamin, brushed her teeth and went to the bathroom. We said prayers, gave kisses and hugs, read a story and sang a song. Now comes the stalling.
1. "Mom, I need you sing me 1 more song." Now this really could go on all night but I open her door, stand at the door and sing her 1 more song. Good night G, I love you. Go to sleep.
1. "Mom, I need you sing me 1 more song." Now this really could go on all night but I open her door, stand at the door and sing her 1 more song. Good night G, I love you. Go to sleep.
2. "Mom, I need my baby." Ok, this is a reasonable request so I go in to get her baby. Not the 1st or 2nd baby I offer but the 3rd. Whew, at least I found the one she wanted pretty quickly. Good night G, I love you. Go to sleep.
3. "Mom, I need you." I ignore this because I don't think she really needs anything else.
4. "Mom, I need you." Maybe she does really need something so I go and check. She needs her baby's bottle and binky. I understand that in her mind her baby really needs these things to go to sleep so I find them. Good night G, I love you. Go to sleep.
5."Mom, I need my Wonder Pets book." This was the story that I read to her right when she was going to bed. I had brought it out with me on accident so I knew exactly where it was. I guess she needed to read it to her baby...in the dark. Here's your book. Good night G, I love you. Go to sleep.
So now I go downstairs because Blake needs to nurse.
6. "Mom, I need you!" and she is crying. T goes up. She needs her clothes (for the next day including panties, socks and shoes) by her bed. If I have to come up again you get a spanking. Good night G, I love you. Go to sleep.
7. "Mom, I need you!" More crying. T goes up again. She gets a spanking, but only a light one. She needs her hat which is downstairs. T convinces her that he will bring it up and put it by her bed when he goes to bed and it will be there when she wakes up. Somehow this works. Good night G, I love you. Go to sleep.
8. "Mom!" T is a little frustrated by this point but he goes up and this is the conversation that follows
T: What do you need?
G: I need Mom.
T: Why?
G: I need tell her about my hiney.
T: What about your hiney?
G: You spank my hiney.
T: I did spank your hiney.
G: Be nice to my hiney.
Good night G. I love you go to sleep.
Blake is done nursing, is asleep and in his crib.
9. "Mom, I need to go tt." Ok G, get up and go in the bathroom. I go up to make sure she actually goes and to remind her B is sleeping and that she needs to be quiet. Out she comes and she goes straight to the bathroom. She does go which isn't always the case when she is trying not to go to sleep. Good job G, I am so proud of you for going to the bathroom. Go back to bed. I'll sing you 1 more song. Good night G, I love you. Go to sleep.
Finally, 45 min after staring the bedtime routine she is asleep. She did wake up at 2 am to go to the bathroom which is very rare but I was already up with B and her pullup was dry this morning so I guess that was worth it :) I am just glad every night isn't like last night :)
G: Be nice to my hiney.
Good night G. I love you go to sleep.
Blake is done nursing, is asleep and in his crib.
9. "Mom, I need to go tt." Ok G, get up and go in the bathroom. I go up to make sure she actually goes and to remind her B is sleeping and that she needs to be quiet. Out she comes and she goes straight to the bathroom. She does go which isn't always the case when she is trying not to go to sleep. Good job G, I am so proud of you for going to the bathroom. Go back to bed. I'll sing you 1 more song. Good night G, I love you. Go to sleep.
Finally, 45 min after staring the bedtime routine she is asleep. She did wake up at 2 am to go to the bathroom which is very rare but I was already up with B and her pullup was dry this morning so I guess that was worth it :) I am just glad every night isn't like last night :)
2 comments:
Oh Man! I'm just dreading those nights.
Ahh, she sounds like her Auntie H! Yeah!
Post a Comment