Friday, November 14, 2008

Hunting Adventure

A good lesson was learned this past weekend on my hunting trip. Apparently if a mouse builds a nest in a four-wheeler right next to the exhaust pipe and you ride around for a little while it catches on fire. Thursday afternoon my father-in-law and I were going to put out some corn in a field when I happend to see smoke coming out from undernieth his seat. When he pulled the seat off, the rush of air made it burst into flames. Another lesson learned, when a four-wheeler catches on fire, unless you have a fire truck right there you aren't going to stop it.
After a few feeble attemps to put out the flames, we rode out together on my wheeler to get help. Luckily for us it had rained the night before which we think saved the whole forest.






Here is my piglet. She was in a small group of pigs all the same size, but they were lighter in color so my mind thought she was bigger than she was. The meat will be good and tender though:)

1 comment:

Leann said...

T! I did NOT need to see a dead pig! Yuck. ... I mean cool and all and yay for you... but yuck!