Fasten your seat belts this is going to be a LONG post! Last Thursday T's mom and sister, L, came for a visit just in time for Easter and B's birthday. It was a very busy weekend but we had lots of FUN!
WAITING

It was a long day waiting for Grandma and Aunt L to arrive. The kids passed the time by reading. G was reading to B but B was reading his own book.ZOO
On Friday we went to the Zoo. The kids really love being outside.
On Friday we went to the Zoo. The kids really love being outside.
G is getting so big!! I took one of B with this sea lion statue but there were 2 girls ducking down behind him so it looks funny.
B kept waving and smiling at a random lady so I finally got smart and went and stood by her to get a good picture.To make this trip to the Zoo special for B's birthday we decided to take a train ride around Herman Park after we were done. It was about a 15-minute ride and a very relaxing way to end the hot day at the zoo.


All ready and waiting for the Easter Bunny. (yeah, we forgot the grass but don't worry we made some out of construction paper the next morning.)

G is a pro at hunting eggs! She was a little concerned, however, about the Easter Bunny. She did not want him to take her eggs and hide them. And Sat. morning when we told her he had come and left presents in her basket she did not want to go downstairs. We had to reassure her that the Easter Bunny was gone and that it was ok to go and see what was in her basket.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO B!!
Presents, presents and more presents. Aunt L took B to Build a Bear Workshop to build the football-playing monkey!
G wanted to help so bad.
Every time B pulled off a piece of paper he would laugh and clap. He was so proud of himself.
Some balls from Grandma.
Tools from mom and dad.
B's football cake. It was WAY easier than I thought it was going to be and it turned out pretty good. (If I do say so myself.)
G helped B blow out his candle. B was trying SO hard to catch the flame. It was getting a little dangerous.
B was definitely NOT shy about eating his cake!
He just kept stuffing it in :)
His first taste of ice cream. He LOVED it! I am loving the chocolate beard :)
G was much more careful about eating her cake. After watching B eat his cake G said "I don't want to dig into mine."

At one point G brought a towel over to B to clean him up. I guess she just couldn't take the mess anymore. She got a little too close and B left his mark :) She was not amused!!
Presents, presents and more presents. Aunt L took B to Build a Bear Workshop to build the football-playing monkey!
G wanted to help so bad.
Every time B pulled off a piece of paper he would laugh and clap. He was so proud of himself.
Some balls from Grandma.
Tools from mom and dad.
B's football cake. It was WAY easier than I thought it was going to be and it turned out pretty good. (If I do say so myself.)
G helped B blow out his candle. B was trying SO hard to catch the flame. It was getting a little dangerous.
B was definitely NOT shy about eating his cake!
He just kept stuffing it in :)
His first taste of ice cream. He LOVED it! I am loving the chocolate beard :)
G was much more careful about eating her cake. After watching B eat his cake G said "I don't want to dig into mine."
JUST FUN
We had so much FUN with Grandma and Aunt L. Their trip was definitely not long enough :) We are excited when we can go to Utah for a long visit in the summer.
We had so much FUN with Grandma and Aunt L. Their trip was definitely not long enough :) We are excited when we can go to Utah for a long visit in the summer.





















2 comments:
What a darling post! His cake was amazing, and the zoo photo of them holding hands should be hung somewhere SO cute!
The cake looks awesome! I think you did a GREAT job!
Glad to hear you guys had a lot of fun! (those pics of B eating his cake are good black mail for when he's older) :)
Post a Comment