Thursday, March 5, 2009

Houston Arboretum & Nature Center

On Tuesday we went with some friends to the Houston Arboretum & Nature Center. It was a beautiful day! It was a little more of a forest than we expected. We were expecting some beautiful flowers and gardens. We actually ended up going to the wrong arboretum. Who knew there was more than 1 arboretum in Houston. Hopefully we will be able to go to the Mercer Arboretum and Botanic Gardens soon. It was still a lot of fun and good exercise. We saw a lot of huge trees down which we assume are a result of Hurricane Ike. On the way to the arboretum, G spotted her juice cup in the diaper and wanted to drink it. I told her she could have it when we got to the "trees". She looked out the window and said, "Mom, I see the trees. I need my juice!" What a little smarty! She still had to wait until we got there :)

The kids checking out a caterpillar. I think he decided to play dead because he kinda fell over on his side while they were all looking at him and then when they left he started moving again.

Playing in the sand box. Who knew sticks and sand could be so entertaining.

G Balancing on the ropes. She did pretty good. I had to help her with her balance a little and she would only go about half way but then she would want to start all over again. These ropes were very popular with the kids. There seemed to always be a line.

T counting how old this trees was. I think the final count was 60 something.

Checking out one of the fallen trees. See how big the roots are? G wasn't all that impressed. I think it made her a little nervous.

Looking at the pond. There were lots of lily pads but we didn't see any turtles, frogs or fish.

Our beautiful G. She is growing up so fast! This picture shows how long her hair is getting.

This was pretty much how B stayed the whole time, in his stroller with cheerios. He does love to be outside. We kept moving enough that he was happy to stay in the stroller.

No comments: