Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Santa AKA Ho Ho & Yoda

In a previous post I mentioned how G sometimes called her stuffed Santa Yoda. Well, yesterday friend J came over to play and he was wearing a Yoda t-shirt. As soon as G saw it she said "Santa!" I am not really sure where we went wrong :) She does at least call Santa Ho Ho some times which is much better than Yoda! We definitely do not encourage the mix up ;)

We braved the mall yesterday and went to see Santa. Usually we would just see Santa at our ward Christmas party but he was unavailable this year. Sad day. I prepped G the whole day for our outing hoping she would at the very least sit on Santa's lap. After the Santa Cow at Chick-Fil-A about scared her to death I had already braced myself for the fact that we wouldn't get the perfect Santa picture with her this year and I was okay with that.

As the time to leave approached G kept telling us she was not going to sit with Santa. So we did what every desperate parent does; we bribed her with candy - chocolate to be exact. She got to hold it on the way but knew she could only eat it if she sat with Santa. When we got to the mall she changed her mind so we had to up the anty. Not only would she get to eat her candy but she would also get to pet the rabbits at the pet store conveniently located next to Santa in the mall if she sat with Santa.



She was not happy but she did it! She wouldn't talk to him or even look at him. In fact she wouldn't even look at us. Santa was very patient as we tried and tried to get her to look in our direction. I guess it was our punishment for making her sit with Santa. She got to eat her candy and pet the rabbits so all was well. Also, G was not letting go of her Ho Ho for the picture.


B was a little better. He just wasn't quite sure what was going on. He kept looking up at Santa as if he was thinking I see Mom, I see Dad, WHO is holding me? He wouldn't smile for us either but he at least looked somewhat in the direction of the camera.

Finally a picture with Santa where both kids are looking forward :) And G almost has a pleasant look on her face :) Next year will be better....for G anyway ;)

1 comment:

thepainterfamily said...

oh how cute! I hated Santa too! Lily wouldn't sit with Santa for ANYTHING this year, and Zach, well, he had no problem, and continues to remind Lily that she's not getting anything for Christmas because she didn't tell SAnta Claus. sheesh! :)